June 16, 2008

Twenty running on twenty-one

They say that when you're twenty-one, you're a full-grown adult. I don't know how much of that is true with respect to me, but surely 2007-08 was possibly the most eventful year of my life so far (however people might smug at me and say, "Is that all?". I would say "Yeah, that should be it.") It is quite a transition, and I feel so transformed in a year full of storms, depressions and love.

It is fittingly marked by a most perfect vacation. Of pure bliss. Of peace and calm. Of enjoyment in simple pleasures of life like enjoying the monsoon with a cup of tea between the fingers and an umbrella over the head and the cup of tea, with trousers rolled up, and with the missing cigarette and its smoke.

Now twenty-one running on twenty-two. I hope I make this one fruitful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha yay 21! It's funny, reading your post made me look backwards instead of forwards. I remembered that cliche - racing little water boats in the monsoon waters and running around on my roof in the rain. Haha I miss the monsoons!

Anonymous said...

Good luck for the year, Goel Sahab. :-) You are stud!

Björn Borg said...

@anon1: You miss the monsoons, no? You should've been here by now, enjoying them. It's actually raining outside right now. :)
@anon2: Thank you, sir!

Unknown said...

interesting isn't it how its only after a certain level of maturity that one can see the peace in such simple things in life...