June 28, 2008

I Got Mail!

Despite having a heavy load of work for the coming night, I was whiling my time away going through my mailbox and all the pleasant and not so pleasant memories. Since my mailbox is systematically labelled and all, there are two labels which are sort of forbidden, because they conjure the ghost of the past. One might advise me to get rid of and delete them, but I, as a rule, never delete any of my mails. So while reading some mail conversations in those label raised a smile and brought fond memories, the more recent ones just shook me enough to disable me to work tonight, putting me in a precarious position with regard to my work. I shall bid myself a pleasant night with these words:

"Try to realize it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you"

(George Harrison, "Within You Without You, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band)

No comments: